Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hillary Krause, Intern at Ashland County Catholic Charities

Hillary Krause and her internship supervisor from
Ashland County Catholic Charities, Pamela Bugara

What are your job duties at your internship?  What kinds of activities have you been involved in at your agency?
I am involved in family support services, which provides home based services to families within the county. I have also been trained in Child Assault Prevention (CAP) and I go into schools to present CAP material to the students in several schools within the county. I am a part of the Child Abuse Prevention Month committee that plans events for the month of April, which is Child Abuse Prevention Month. I am also involved with the MGM (multi-generation mentoring) program at the Loudonville public library, which connects elementary school students with senior citizens who provide assistance with homework and reading.
How has Ashland University's Social Work program prepared you for your internship?
The Social Work program is a generalist practice program, which has helped me deal with the many experiences and levels of Social Work with in my agency. Every day, I deal with clients on a personal basis, but then I can switch to working with the community. Having the generalist practice education provided me the ability to use the different levels of Social Work.
What has been most enjoyable or valuable about your internship experience so far?
Working one on one with the clients and providing them with resources they need has been both enjoyable and valuable to me. These individuals do not typically have a great support system and I serve as that person to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment