Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Alexis Lee, Intern at Samaritan Hospital


Alexis Lee is an intern at Samaritan Hospital. Samaritan Hospital is an acute care facility focusing on treating people in the Ashland area. The mission of Samaritan Hospital is to take the lead in serving and supporting the patients in the surrounding areas they serve.

Tell us a little bit about your internship placement.

I work in the Social Service Department at Samaritan Hospital. This department is in charge of discharging patients, assessing needs, and making referrals to post care services.

What are your job duties at your internship?  What sorts of activities have you been involved in?
I am involved with the discharge planning process with patients. I have also been involved with preoperational classes and connecting patients to resources.

How has Ashland University’s Social Work Program prepared you for your internship? 
Ashland University prepared me for my internship by teaching me the basic skills and knowledge as well as communication skills needed to work in this field. I also feel that it taught me responsibility and time management. 

What have you enjoyed most about your internship so far?
I enjoy the fast pace and wide variety of people the hospital has exposed me to. 

For more information about Samaritan Hospital, please visit their website.
For more information about Ashland University’s Social Work Program, please visit their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment