Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Morgan Richter, Intern at Harmony House


Morgan Richter is an intern at Harmony House Homeless Services.

Tell us a little bit about your internship placement.
 
Harmony House provides emergency housing, food, and support services to individuals and families who are homeless, while they work to gain maximum independence. Harmony House provides clients with weekly case management meetings, workshops, and job training activities. Harmony House also provides public transportation to help people in their job search.

What are your job duties at your internship?  What sorts of activities have you been involved in? 
My job duties at Harmony House include completing client intakes, case management, interacting with clients, facilitating job skills and life skills group meetings, and working with Harmony House children through the After-School Program. I have been involved with community activities such as the Point-in-Time Homeless Count and the annual Soup Supper/Silent Auction fundraiser.

How has Ashland University’s Social Work Program prepared you for your internship? 
Ashland University's Social Work Program has prepared me for my internship by teaching me the skills I need to engage in a client/professional relationship and how to handle situations in an agency setting. The program has also taught me about social work values and ethics and how to incorporate them into practice.

What have you enjoyed most about your internship so far?
Over the course of my internship I have most enjoyed my experience with getting to know the clients I work with, as well as working with the children. I feel so good at the end of the day knowing I have made a positive impact on the lives of others.

For more information about Harmony House, please visit their website.
For more information about Ashland University’s Social Work Program, please visit their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment